- Passed LL.B. from Government Law College, Mumbai. Enrolled as an Advocate on Jul 30, 1973.
- Practised in the Judicial Commissioner's Court, Panaji from 1973 to 1982 and then at the Panaji Bench of the Bombay High Court from 1982 in Service, Consitutional, Local Self Government matters.
- Worked as a part-time lecturer in Law at Salgoncar Law College from 1975 to 1977.
- Was President of the Goa High Court Bar Association from 1994 to 1996. Designated as Senior Advocate in December 1995.
- Appointed as an Additional Judge of the Bombay High Court for a period of 2 years w.e.f. Apr 15, 1996 and Permanent Judge from Apr, 1998.
- Took oath as Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court on Jun 26, 2010.