- Graduated in Law from Allahabad University.
- Enrolled as Advocate on 14-8-1976. Joined the chamber of his father Sri Raja Ram Agrawal, Senior Advocate and former Advocate General of U.P. on the Civil side and dealt with Constitutional, Company, Service, Educational and Taxation matters.
- Worked as Standing Counsel of the Income Tax Department of the Government of India.
- Served a number of corporations and institutions as their Standing Counsel. Was Joint Editor of U.P. Tax Cases.
- Elevated as permanent Judge on 05/02/1999.
- Took oath as ACJ of High Court of Madras on Feb 07, 2013.